|Architecture, Interior Design and Residential Design|
STATE BOARD OF ARCHITECTURE
The Nevada State Board of Architecture was established in 1949 by Chapter 220 of the 1949 State Statutes. The purpose of the board was to safeguard life, health, and prosperity and to promote public welfare. The board, consisting of five members appointed by the governor for four year terms, formulated, adopted, and enforced a code of rules and regulations to license and govern the practice of architecture in Nevada. The first meeting of the board was held July 30, 1949 and adopted the Iowa State Board of Architecture bylaws with certain revisions. They considered the first license applications in October of 1949.
Now defined in Nevada law by NRS Chapter 623, the Board was expanded to include the professions of interior design and residential design. The board consists of nine members appointed by the governor for three year terms; the members must be registered architects, interior designers, and residential designers. The board reviews applications, administers licensing exams, registers qualified applicants, and regulates the professional practice of registrants throughout Nevada. Their office is in Las Vegas.
RECORDS 1949-1997 .75 cu. ft.
Minutes 1949-1955; 1978-1997 .75 cu. ft.
Membership Roster 1949-1954 1 folder